Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) In San Jose
Work with Our Experienced San Jose Gastroenterologists
At San Jose Gastroenterology, our team of experienced gastroenterology specialists is proud to have 12 years of in-depth experience with providing outstanding medical care and diagnostic services to our patients. Our facility offers state-of-the-art equipment and most of our procedures are completed in-office. If you have been referred to our office for an esophagogastroduodenoscopy, or EGD, you can be confident that your care is in good hands.
To get started, schedule an appointment with our San Jose gastroenterology doctors today by calling us at (408) 347-9001.
What is an EGD?
In many cases, patients are referred to a gastroenterology doctor because of complications they may be having with chronic heartburn, vomiting, nausea, weight loss, uncomfortability in your chest, or difficulty with swallowing. In some cases, an EGD can help diagnose issues like ulcers, lesions, swollen veins, and even Crohn’s disease.
An EGD test may consist of:
- Stopping medication at least six hours prior to the test.
- Lying on your left side.
- Your doctor will administer medication via an IV.
- A local numbing medication will be placed in your mouth and a long, flexible tube called an endoscope will be inserted your mouth and guided into your upper area of your small intestine.
- When the endoscope has reached the intestine, pictures of your intestine will be taken.
- Any tissue samples that may need to be biopsied will be taken at this time and results will process.
Schedule Your EGD Today with a San Jose Gastroenterology Doctor
Having an EGD performed can help diagnose and treat any gastroenterology conditions that you may have, and could help get you back on the path to health. If you have questions or concerns regarding the procedure, please feel free to contact a San Jose gastroenterology doctor from our staff.
Give us a call today at (408) 347-9001!