Infrared Coagulation in San Jose
Work with Our Experienced San Jose Gastroenterology Doctors
Infrared coagulation (IRC), or coagulation therapy, is a quick procedure that is employed to help patients who are suffering from painful hemorrhoids. At San Jose Gastroenterology, we are proud of our extensive experience with diagnosing and treating patients with hemorrhoids, and we are confident that we can help you, too. Our San Jose gastroenterology doctors have over 12 years of experience with providing quality care to patients throughout the South Bay, and we encourage you to schedule an appointment with our team about your hemorrhoids and how infrared coagulation therapy may be able to help you.
Treatment for Internal Hemorrhoids
If you have a small or medium sized hemorrhoid that is internal, infrared coagulation therapy could help you reduce your hemorrhoid pain. Infrared laser light is used to heat the internal hemorrhoid, which causes scarring. The scarring helps stop blood flow to the affected area and also helps remove or reduce the size of the hemorrhoid.
During your procedure, you can expect:
- To take a sedative to help relax prior to the procedure.
- A probe will be placed into the affected area to locate the hemorrhoid.
- The infrared light will be directed above the hemorrhoid itself.
- The scarring will begin and healing can start immediately.
- The procedure is typically quick and performed as an out-patient procedure, so most patients are able to see a positive change in their pain levels in a relatively short period of time.
Are You Interested in Learning More? Call a San Jose Gastroenterology Doctor Today!
When you work with our medical team, we can help diagnose and treat a variety of gastroenterology conditions, including hemorrhoids. We will inform you of all procedures you may be eligible for, and help you make a knowledgeable decision regarding your health and treatments.
If you are looking for more information on infrared coagulation therapy, call our office today at (408) 347-9001 and schedule an appointment with a member of our team.