Full-time or Part-time/Per-diem Registered Nurse
Montpelier Surgery Center - Outpatient Endoscopy Center, San Jose, CA
Seeking a full-time or part-time/per-diem RN to perform the following duties:
- Pre-op/Recovery area – Start IV, pre-op assessment, post-op monitoring and discharge.
- OR nursing duties with conscious sedation monitoring
- Active CA license, ACLS/BLS require.
- Hospital or Ambulatory Surgery experience preferred but not required as we will train.
- Competitive salary with excellent benefits package including retirement plan for full-time employees.
- Language skills of Mandarin Chinese is a plus but not required.
Clinical Research Coordinator
Silicon Valley Research Institute, San Jose, CA
The company: Silicon Valley Research Institute is the research branch of San Jose Gastroenterology based in San Jose. We conduct multiple research studies in the hepatology and gastroenterology field.
- Responsible for conducting and managing multiple clinical research trials simultaneously ensuring patient safety and adherence to the study protocols
- Maintain and update regulatory documents, source documents, Trial Master Files, etc. for accountability and monitoring purposes
- Work with the principal investigator (PI), sponsors, healthcare professionals, and study vendors to ensure study procedures, sample processing, and administrative tasks are done in compliance with federal regulations, study protocols, and company's standard-of-protocol
- Ensure all study personnel meet training requirements as well as supervise, train, and mentor new staff
- Responsible for subject recruitment and enrollment in a timely manner
- Develop projects' goals and timeline as well as keep research team updated in weekly meetings
- Extract, input, and organize data
- College graduate (Bachelor's Degree) in medical or public health field
- Bilingual in Vietnamese and English
- Two year commitment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office
- Physical capability to lift up to 20 pound items
- Require a car for occasional local travelling
We're a small and family-oriented team that gets to work directly with the president on various exciting projects! This is a great learning opportunity that provides clinical experience, chances of publication, and public health initiatives. We also work with multiple departments as well as our clinic's gastroenterologists to provide excellent patient care. If you're interested in this position, please send your curriculum vitae to email@example.com!
Cancer Care Coordinator
When a patient gets diagnosed with cancer, everything can be very confusing and overwhelming. Treatment often requires being referred to a variety of different specialists (i.e., interventional radiology, oncology, surgery, etc...) and the goal is to make cancer care thorough and efficient, as to not delay treatment for this life-threatening condition. As the cancer care coordinator, it is your job to follow-up with everything and make sure all the doctors orders get done, facilitate the patient with getting appointments if necessary, knowing when their appointments are so you can make sure to follow-up and track down the reports - basically keeping tabs on your patients to make sure no one falls through the cracks.
Once a doctor/MA flags you a cancer patient, make sure to read the patient chart notes to know what the plan is Send out referrals; flag MA to get authorization; inform patient of the referral and tell patient to expect a call / offer assistance Follow-up in a couple of days with the patient or call referred physician's office if necessary to follow on the appointment; make sure referred physician's office have all the documents they need -sometimes they need CD images, so you have to request and mail it to them / have patient bring in After consultation / procedure, follow-up to make sure reports get back to SJGI and flag MD to review Create a cancer care summary
Tumor Board: 1st Monday of each month Create case summary presentations
Organize meeting invitations, lunches Create final summary, fax to PCPs/treating physicians, upload on sjcancercare portal
Usual cancer care follow-up, communicate with Tumor Board physicians
Additional Duties: Assist in monthly newsletters and fax out to PCPs
Assist with planning events, such as Liver Symposium, health fairs, etc.
Qualifications: Minimum 1 year commitment
Fluency in English and Vietnamese
Good organizational skills
Effective communication (emails, flags, communicate to patients/doctors)
If you're interested in this position, please send your curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org